- Keeps accurate minutes of the congregational and council meetings for the permanent records of the congregation.
- Has custody of and responsibility for gathering articles and items of historical value for the congregation.
- Keeps copies of the current rosters of voting, confirmed, and baptized members of the congregation.
- Keeps a record of attendance of voting members at special and congregational meetings.
- Works with the office and others to make sure that the valuable papers of the church and congregation are safe and secure.
- As an officer the secretary signs any legal documents of the congregation.
In charge of
- Historical items and articles
- Membership rosters - voting, confirmed, and baptized
- Valuable papers